Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Priorities

I began my Cognitive Behavior Class last night. It's an In-house class, so I don't have to travel to it. I took one in 1999, and learned a lot from it, last night, if you can believe it, I just observed; I know it's hard to believe. Most of the participants are male, (you know I love that), and they mainly work with respect and anger issues. Three men graduated last night, if I am to believe the facilitator, they have come a long way. I believe that's a good thing.
We did an interesting exercise in Value Prioritizing. I am happy to say, according to the exercise, my priorities are right where I want them to be... kinda makes you wonder if I have a borderline personality? LOL yeah, that still bugs me a lot.The facilitator, and most of the other participants, kept asking me, what are you doing here? At first I thought it was a "deeper" meaning, until I realized, they really felt I had no business in the class. I believe, we can learn from all information, so I believe I have as much purpose there as anyone else.

I make my choices differently now. I do think about the risks of my behavior and the results. And I do make better choices now that I have had my choices removed from my life for a period of time. I believe that honest actions and words are the best path, not always the easiest. I equate it to a hike, the easiest ones are rarely the most rewarding, so to use the KISS method I keep it as simple as possible.( KISS=Keep It Simple Stupid!)
I am blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment