Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And the Beat Goes ON

I sometimes wonder if, as some say, my life is a movie.... who wrote the score??? I love my I POD Shuffle, and my step-daughter Rachel and Husband Tony for getting it for me! 2 years without music was debilitating for me. Music is so therapeutic, so genuine, and true food for the soul.
Prior to my incarceration I was the go to gal for fixing things. In fact "fixing" things is probably what got me there in the first place. Now not so much. Others come to me and oft times I must stay that window is closed. It's not that I WANT to turn them away, but as the song goes, (S)he can't even run (her)his own life I'll be damned if (S)he'll run Mine (yours). I have enough on my plate just running my life. I hope that some day I will be able to have a conversation for those instrumental in my incarceration, just to ask if the payoff was worth the price paid.
So few people know the devastation that comes with being totally cut off from your life. How important $1.53 can be when desiring to hear a loved one's voice.
The Beat Goes On

No comments:

Post a Comment