Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 17, 2012

An Angel Called Home


Sunday, God called one of his most valiant, loving, giving, beautiful angels home. My friend Barb has been my anchor for the past ten years. When my husband was afflicted with a debilitating stroke, she swooped in and took control of my spinning out of control life. Through that experience I became friends with Barb. Always quick with her good common sense, asking thought provoking questions, cheering me on and up. She is the most selfless person I have ever encountered.
Although she would always ask, what can I do for you? And I would always say I’m good, no need, she just pitched in and did what she saw needed doing. She would show up and say let’s go get an ice cream, don’t I owe you lunch? Come and go to this talk, seminar, meeting with me. She always knew when I needed a friend.
Over our ten year friendship we leaned on one another, I probably did most of the leaning. We learned from one another, laughed, cried, mourned and rejoiced together. For three years she became Tony’s third wife, an inside joke that tickled them both, selflessly she cared for Tony’s needs, thus fulfilling a need in me that I was unable to perform.  So much for I don’t need anything, we laughed about that as well.
Barb is a marvelous mother, who adores her children, a loving wife who is a true partner to her husband, a caring friend, mentor and true sister. She will be missed, with her mission here complete, she prepares a way for us all. Rest well sweet angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment