Total Pageviews

Friday, January 20, 2012

Values

So Let's suppose that you are stranded in the desert with only what you currently have on you and five animals.  A Sheep, A Pig, A Horse, A Cow and a Tiger.  You have to get out of the desert and in doing so you must eliminate four of the animals, and leave the desert with only one. In what order would you eliminate them?

Here are my choices
First would go the tiger
Second would go the Pig
Third would be the cow,
fourth would be the sheep
and I would leave the desert with my horse

In the past few years I have been extremely humbled by events which I had very little control. I have learned that I can only change my behavior, and I am not responsible for anyone else's behavior. I have decided that whatever may or may not become of the estrangement with the two young women whom I love more than life itself, I will continue to love them and keep my heart and mind open for their eventual return.
My whole life I have been a "fixer" I have tried to fix every situation, every person and every thing in my life. Some call this a control freak, yes I guess I am, but a recovering one at that. I no longer feel the need to be in control, and am quite content to pave the way for just me and my husband. I cannot fix the situation with my daughters, I can only remain a safe haven for them
Our beautiful, funny, sweet daughter Rachel is getting married in June. By then I will be on parole, or my verdict may be overturned. Tony often asks me what the girls will say when the verdict is overturned, and I haven't a clue! I would like to see our family put back together, forged with gold of the refiner's fire; stronger for the trials and strife we have endured, yet I don't hold out much hope for that. I am sad that Rachel chooses to keep her father and me from this happy time. And long for the day when we can once again be a family.
Our Rebekah, she is so bright, and funny and we lover her so much. Some would say how can you after what has happened? Yet I lover her as if I gave birth to her. That's where me not being responsible for anyone else's behavior comes in to play. Rebekah made her choices and I would really like to believe that she just got in too deep and did not know how to get out of the situation. being the tenacious little barracuda she is, she chose to stay with her original story and the results were, I believe pleasing to her, as she got the immediate gratification she craves, yet at what cost? 
So back to the story,,, what do these animals symbolize?
Tiger =Pride I would eliminate that first
Pig= Money I would eliminate that second
Cow=Career, that goes third
Sheep=Love fourth out the window
Horse =Family is what is most important to me
these animals symbolize our values, I'd like to think mine are all right on track.

Rebekah, and precious Rachel I love you!






No comments:

Post a Comment