Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 12, 2011

The joy of Daughters


Today I discovered that our daughter Rachel is engaged.  Many emotions came over me. Relief, surprise, hurt feelings and joy. Of all the people that have passed through my life, I believe I have enjoyed and love Rachel the most. I have always wanted what is best for her.
We have been estranged for two years now. I can only guess why. She has not spoken to me nor has she told me why she has cut all ties. She recently cut ties with her father as well; telling him it’s because he supports me. I don’t feel she is being fair, especially to him, yet I am not in charge of her behavior.

One thing about children and parents; a parents job is to work themselves out of a job. I believe we gave Rachel a firm foundation and she has developed a workable value system. She is positioned, unbending a little self-righteous; she is however one of the most loving, kind and funny people I know.

The first brief for my appeal is being filed on Monday. Many people ask why I care that this verdict is overturned. I will tell you, because I didn’t do it! I am prepared that it may not be overturned, and I will deal with that if it happens. For now, I will pray that the judges see through the manipulations and untruths told by a very lost, mixed up young woman.

Which brings me to Rebekah; I love you, I forgive you for the accusations and recriminations. I wish I could have made this all go away. I will not say I did something I did not do. We are here for both you girls whenever you need us.

No comments:

Post a Comment